The source-control integration capability provides:
- Connecting to the source-control database (sometimes called a repository) and
mapping files in the CrossWorks project to those in source control.
- Showing the source-control status of files in the project.
- Adding files in the project to source control.
This operation is called Add To Source Control.
- Fetching files in the project from source control.
This operation is called Get Latest Version.
- Locking and unlocking files in the project for editing.
The lock operation is called Check Out.
The unlock operation is called Undo Check Out.
These are optional for some source-control providers.
- Comparing a file in the project with the latest version in source control.
This operation is called Show Differences.
- Merging a file in the project with the latest version in source control with reference
to the original version.
This operation is called Merge and requires an external, three-way merge tool.
- Committing changes made to project files into source control.
This operation is called Check In.