The menu bar contains menus for editing, building, and debugging your
program. You can navigate menus using the keyboard or the
Navigating menus using the mouse
To navigate menus using the mouse:
- Click a menu title in the menu bar to show the related menu.
- Click the desired command in the menu to execute that command.
- Click and hold the mouse on a menu title in the menu bar to show the related
- Drag the mouse to the desired command in the menu.
- Release the mouse while it is over the command to execute that command.
Navigating menus with the keyboard
To navigate menus using the keyboard:
- Tap the Alt key activate the menu bar.
- Use the Left and Right keys to display the required menu.
- Use the Up or Down key to select the required command or submenu. Press Enter to execute a selected command.
- Press Alt or Esc at any time to cancel menu selection.
After you press the Alt key once, each menu on the menu bar has one letter underlined—its shortcut key. So, to
activate a menu using the keyboard:
- While holding down the Alt key, type the desired menu's shortcut key.
After the menu appears, you can navigate it using the cursor keys:
- Use Up and Down to move up and down the list of menu items.
- Use Esc to cancel a menu.
- Use Right or Enter to open a submenu.
- Use Left or Esc to close a submenu and
return to the parent menu.
- Type the underlined letter in a command's name to execute that command.