CrossWorks for ARM is a complete C/C++ development system for ARM and Cortex,
microcontrollers and microprocessors that runs on Windows, Mac OS and Linux.
CrossWorks comes with pre-built versions of both GCC and Clang/LLVM C and C++ compilers and assemblers.
The GNU linker and librarian are also supplied to enable you to immediately begin developing
applications for ARM.
CrossWorks C Library
CrossWorks for ARM has its own royalty-free ANSI and ISO C compliant C
library that has been specifically designed for use within embedded systems.
CrossWorks C++ Library
CrossWorks for ARM supplies a C++ library that implements STL containers, exceptions and RTTI.
CrossStudio for ARM is a streamlined integrated development environment
for building, testing, and deploying your applications. CrossStudio provides:
- Source Code Editor: A powerful source code editor with multi-level undo and redo, makes
editing your code a breeze.
- Project System: A complete project system organizes your source code and build rules.
- Build System: With a single key press you can build all your applications in a
solution, ready for them to be loaded onto a target microcontroller.
- Debugger and Flash Programming: You can download your programs directly into Flash and debug them
seamlessly from within the IDE using a wide range of target interfaces.
- Help system: The built-in help system provides context-sensitive help and a
complete reference to the CrossStudio IDE and tools.
- Core Simulator: As well as providing cross-compilation technology, CrossWorks provides
a PC-based fully functional simulation of the target microcontroller
core so you can debug parts of your application without waiting for
CrossWorks for ARM supplies command line tools that enable you to build your application on the command
line and flash it to the target board using the same project file that the IDE uses.