The References window shows the results of the last Find References
operation. The Find References facility is closely related to the
Source Navigator in that it indexes your project and searches for
references within the active source code regions.
To activate the References window:
If you have hidden the References window and want to see it again:
- Choose Navigate > References or press Ctrl+Alt+R.
To find all references in a project:
- Open a source file that is part of the active project, or one of its
- In the editor, move the insertion point within the name of the
function, variable, method, or macro to find.
- Choose Search > Find References.
- CrossStudio shows the References window, without moving focus,
and searches your project in the background.
You can also find references directly from the text editor's context menu:
right-click the item to find and choose Find References. As a convenience,
CrossStudio is configured to also run Find References when you
Alt+Right-click in the text editor—see Mouse-click accelerators.
To search within the results:
- Type the text to search for in the Reference window's search box.
As you type, the search results are narrowed.
- Click the close button to clear the search text and show all
To replace within the results:
- Type the replacement text in the Reference window's replace box.
- Use the buttons to navigate and replace the text.
- The documents that have had replaced text will appear unsaved in the text editor.