- Added c++1z and gnu++1z C++ language standard options.
- Replaced gcc c++ exception handling code with llvm equivalent.
- Fixed command line generated when "Keep Preprocessor Output" is enabled.
- Improved parallel build performance on Linux and macOS hosts.
- Word and half-word writes to SWO channel 0 are now displayed in the debug terminal.
- Improve debug when compiler option "Supply Absolute File Path" is set to "No".
- Fixed crash when quick watch used on a C++ struct containing member functions.
- Enhanced Threads window to be able to display additional RTOS queues.
- The Text Editor > Programmer Assistance > Check Spelling environment option now defaults to No.
- Fixed code formatting of a selected block not working correctly when the Tab Cleanup On Save option is enabled.
- Fixed NULL being inserted into text file when CTRL+Space is pressed on Linux version of the code editor.
- Added replace in selection to the find dialog's find options summary.
- Fixed freezing of IDE when saving a large text file and the Delete Trailing Space On Save option is enabled.
- Improved performance of tabify and untabify operations.
- Cursor now moved if it is on a location that is deleted by the code formatter.
- Added Formatting > Empty Lines At End Of File option.
- Fixed Find Extras context menu not correctly showing the text that will be searched for.
- Added Text Editor > Formatting > Use .clang-format File formatting option.
- Auto comment no longer activates when in block selection mode.
- Fixed crash when using a display with a 16-bit color depth.
- Fixed HUD windows not closing when all docked windows have been closed or removed.
- Fixed crash when changing active projects while Source Navigator is running.
- Check boxes in project system dialogs can now be toggled by a single click.
- Fixed menu key not opening context menu in watch and register windows.
- Improved appearance of list view check boxes when using display scaling.
- Property editor dialogs can now be resized.
- Remove .plist files created by clang static analyzer.
- Fixed find window's file extension filter not being saved when using Find Extras options.
- Fixed find window's additional options summary not being displayed when options are concealed.
- Find window's additional options summary now includes file extension filter.
- Full file path now displayed in find window's result list.
- Fixed ordering of history in package release notes.
- Fixed potential problem when multiple processes are accessing settings.
- Fixed unresponsive GUI when build generates a lot of output.
- Added File Search > Flat Search Result Output environment option.
- Fixed incorrectly located line edit in list views.
- Fixed crash when running on an Ubuntu 14.04 system using KDE window manager.
- Fixed broken license activation and management when Use External GCC option is enabled.
- Updated the LLVM/Clang tools build to use the 5.0.1 source release.
- Updated the GCC/BINUTILS tools build to use the GCC ARM Embedded Toolchain 7-2017-q4-major source release.
- Add support for Cortex-R7, Cortex-R8, Cortex-A15 and Cortex-A17 processor cores.
- Added "V8M Has DSP Instructions" project option.
- Added "V8M Mainline" and "FPv5-SP-D16" library build variants.
- Fix tdata placement in Cortex-M placement files.
- Fixed crash when connecting to J-Link from 32-bit Windows variant.
- Documented the file format for the "Type Interpretation File" project property.
- Fixed crash if something is entered in the disassembly window's expression input when not debugging.
- Fixed display of multi-line messages in output window's task view.
- Code editor suggestions now inserted on all lines when in block edit mode.
- Code editor replace all now only replaces text within block when in block selection mode.
- WebKit web browser now uses display scaling factor.
- Show Large Icons In Toolbars option now applies to docking windows.
- Added keyboard shortcut editor to environment options dialog.
- Fixed crash that occured when cancelling the new project wizard when on the edit common project settings page.
- Fixed code editor suggestion popup not restoring opacity when ctrl key is released.
- Pasting of a block selection is now done as a block insertion even if text editor is not in block edit mode.
- Fixed text terminal not staying at end of file when maximum line limit is reached.
- Added missing close button on code editor find dialog.
- Pasting of a block selection is now done as a block insertion even if the text editor has lost focus.
- Add environment option to enable the text editor to display section headers of ELF files.
- Added Environment > Find and Replace > Greedy Regular Expressions environment option.
- Fixed generation of unexpected characters when composing a character with ` ' or ^ keys.
- Fixed wireless network interfaces not being included in list of network adapters on Windows.
- Updated the LLVM/Clang tools build to use the 5.0.0 source release.
- The inttypes.h header file now includes stdint.h as per the c99 standard.
- Added "Math Errno" project option.
- Dependency files are now deleted on project rebuild/clean.
- Fixed generation of symbols when address_symbol and size_symbol attributes are used in a memory map or section placement files.
- Fixed "Raise Interrupt" with Cortex-M simulator.
- Fixed crash with IAR v8 generated elf files.
- Fixed usage of brackets in debug watch expressions.
- Additional load files can be relative to the project directory.
- Fixed crash when scrolling the disassembly window with the mouse wheel when debugger is not running.
- Added Text Editor > Formatting > Additional Formatting Styles environment option.
- Added case sensitivity, whole word and regular expression options to code edit's incremental search dialog.
- Code editor's incremental search dialog no longer resets find dialog settings.
- Fixed drag and drop of file onto a project explorer file node from an external program.
- Fixed loss of focus when an expanded project explorer node is deleted.
- Fixed renaming of build configurations not applying when clicking on another build configuration after change.
- Modified macOS text editor cursor key mapping to be more like other macOS text editors.
- Double clicking on company logo images in package manager and new project wizard now has no effect.
- Fixed update of registers window status message when no registers are selected.
- Fixed running of build command lines containing a '>' output redirection character.
- Fixed command line property editor.
- Added static_assert definition to assert.h.
- Fixed crash when Folder Options node is selected in project explorer and Open Solution in Editor is activated.
- Dynamic macros are now expanded in property editor macro preview.
- Added RelInputDir and FolderPath macros.
- Added empty solution project template.
- Added missing __powidf2 and __powisf2 compiler helper functions.
- Fixed crash using Debug | Restart with the simulator target before startup breakpoint is hit.
- Fixed crash using Target | Attach Debugger with J-Trace target.
- Fixed bug in backtracing code which caused local variables to be displayed incorrectly.
- CWSys object can now be used from crossload script.
- Local, global, auto and watch window columns are now independently configurable.
- Fixed display of signed 32-bit integer variables on 64-bit Linux and macOS hosts.
- Fixed Cortex-M simulator return from exception when using both main and process stack.
- Speed up single stepping of large programs when there are many unfound symbols in watch window.
- Add "Auto" capability to SWO baud rate project property.
- Changed values in variable and register windows are now identified by red text rather than a red background.
- Avoid memory and watch window update during download.
- Improve speed of disassembly when source files cannot be found.
- Added -reset option to CrossLoad.
- Smaller up and down buttons in property window.
- Shift+Tab now works when text editor is in block selection mode.
- Indent when text editor is in block selection mode now aligns to the indent size setting.
- Highlight all selected text now works when text is selected by keyboard.
- Fixed opening of files using macOS Finder.
- Improved opening of files from the command line.
- Fixed crash in text editor when moving left a word at a time.
- File extension comparisons for project, package and archive files are now case insensitive.
- External diff tool runs as a detached process.
- Fixed crash in code outline window when viewing an XML file containing a syntax error.
- Add "Copy Full Path" to context menu in project explorer.
- Find in files on solution will not search object and library files.
- Fixed crash reporter hanging if report submission fails.
- Environment option descriptions are now selectable.
- Improved performance of text editor brace matching in long files.
- Stop accessing address zero on debug reset on Cortex-M devices.
- Add "Starting Stack Pointer Value" debug project property.
- Macro viewer in property editor now has horizontal scroll bar.
- Fixed blank entries in propery editor's build configuration combo box (macOS only).
- Hyperlinks in property editor's description fields now open in an external browser.
- Highlighted finds are now local to each text editor.
- Fixed text editor match delimiter and extend selection operation (Shift+Ctrl+]).
- Fixed moving of popup windows displayed when project is loading.
- Fixed Delete key not deleting selected text when cursor is at the end of the file.
- Fixed crash running installer on Linux when KDE plugins are installed on the system.
- Windows version no longer requires the Universal C Runtime update to be installed.
- Updated macOS code signing certificates.
- Fix generating additional output file when building with "Use External GCC".
- Updated the GCC/BINUTILS tools build to use GNU ARM Embedded Toolchain 6-2017-q2-update source release.
- Updated LLVM/Clang to version 4.0.1.
- C runtime start code now has an optional call to an external function named InitializeUserMemorySections if INITIALIZE_USER_SECTIONS is defined.
- Fix bug locating to assembly code source files.
- Locals window update when accessing variables that are in restricted memory ranges.
- Check syntax option is now enabled on files with .html extension.
- Find extras menu order now the same in context menu as it is in the main menu.
- Fixed certain Alt key accelerators not working on macOS.
- Fixed index problems introduced in version 4.0.2.
- Memory window size warning can be disabled and is now only shown when the size changes.
- Fixed crash when the memory diff dialog is shown after download verification has failed.
- Fixed incorrect calculation of memory usage window cell height when using high DPI fonts.
- Fixed crashes caused by uncaught exceptions (Linux only).
- Fixed incorrect width of editor margin when using Windows scaling.
- Fixed pressing tab key while in block edit mode.
- Fixed occasional randomly placed tooltips in code editor.
- Added Text Editor > Editing > Tab Key Indents Preprocessor Directives environment option.
- Fixed text editor crash when selecting and deleting past end of file with virtual space enabled.
- Fixed text editor scrolling to the far left column when text is selected and the mouse is moved.
- The Code Outline window now uses the same parser as the Source Navigator this has
improved C++ support but has removed conditional preprocessor directives.
- The Code Outline window can now display doxygen style comments in the Preview pane.
- Fixed crash showing symbols browser for IAR generated executables.
- Opening studio from shortcut when Allow Multiple Studios is set to No and studio is already running now unminimizes and raises main window to the top.
- Can now close the solution whilst the Source Navigator or Find References windows are active.
- Statistics in the Project Explorer displays the sum of the files sizes of the containing folder node.
- Improved error message reporting when studio startup fails.
- Added "Export Makefile" to project build context menu.
- Reworked compiler driver command line options.
- Fixed the 64-bit Windows J-Link DLL not being found after it moved location in the V6.16 J-Link software release.
- Fixed crash when auto disconnecting simulator before simulator has stopped.
- Holding the shift key while scrolling the memory window with the mouse scroll wheel now locks the start address.
- Added Debug > Memory Window > Scroll Wheel Modifies Start Address environment option.
- Fixed text editor cursor color when using CrossWorks Dark color scheme.
- Added Insert Cursor and Overwrite Cursor colors to editor color schemes.
- Fixed text editor repaint when highlight cursor line mode is enabled.
- Fixed display of large toolbar icons.
- Fixed activation of popup toolbar icons.
- Fixed path property editor when using scaling on Windows.
- The text editor line number font size now scales with the main text editor font size.
- Project properties dialog now remembers splitter placement.
- Improved support for Windows scaling.
- Fixed code completion suggestion popup appearing on the wrong display on multi-display systems.
- Fixed Edit > Selection > Tabify.
- Added text editor block selection and edit.
- Fixed File > Recent Files and File > Recent Projects not selecting first element of menu when activated by keyboard.
- Fixed Command+W not closing current editor on macOS.
- Improved macOS clipboard support.
- Avoid auto loading externally modified project file during build.
- Grey out goto definition (and others) when indexer is running.
- Fixed window group Close All Windows option not recording in session file that windows have been closed.
- Fixed excessively fast vertical scroll wheel scrolling in text output windows.
- Editor dock positions are now restored when solution is loaded.
- Fixed activated licenses not being remembered on Linux.
- Fast, new look user interface.
- Native 64-bit Windows, macOS and Linux versions.
- macOS Retina displays now supported.
- New WebKit based help viewer.
- GNU ARM Embedded Toolchain version 6.
- LLVM/Clang version 4 compiler.
- Brace matching now takes into account inactive code lines.
- Inactive code highlighting now updates as you type.
- Added Text Editor > Save > Default Line Endings environment option.
- Added different bitmaps to the project window for executable, library and staging project types.
- Build detects when files have been excluded/included and cut/pasted into projects.
- Project explorer paste file onto file will add it to the containing folder.
- The source browser window has renamed the Stack column to Frame Size.
- Added Code, Data and Const size columns to the source browser window.
- Added Pre-Build Command and Post-Build Command project options.
- Added Post-Archive Command project options.
- Added environment option Enable All Warnings command line option.
- Added environment option Enforce ANSI Checking command line option.
- Changed default for Emit Relocations to Yes.
- Removed STLPort from the distribution. This is available as a library package.
- Changed Printf Floating Point Supported project option to select between Float and Double support.
- Changed default for Omit Frame Pointer to Yes.
- Added Access Variables Within Memory Map Only project property.
- Added Copy To Clipboard to memory window.
- Single stepping will step again if there is more then one instruction sequence associated with a source line of code.
- The Auto Update feature of the execution profile window uses the J-Trace PRO streaming feature.
- Added locate next/prev source/instruction buttons to execution trace window.
- Added function call and return entries to execution trace window.