- Stop accessing address zero on debug reset on Cortex-M devices.
- Add "Starting Stack Pointer Value" debug project property.
- Macro viewer in property editor now has horizontal scroll bar.
- Fixed blank entries in propery editor's build configuration combo box (macOS only).
- Hyperlinks in property editor's description fields now open in an external browser.
- Highlighted finds are now local to each text editor.
- Fixed text editor match delimiter and extend selection operation (Shift+Ctrl+]).
- Fixed moving of popup windows displayed when project is loading.
- Fixed Delete key not deleting selected text when cursor is at the end of the file.
- Fixed crash running installer on Linux when KDE plugins are installed on the system.
- Windows version no longer requires the Universal C Runtime update to be installed.
- Updated macOS code signing certificates.
- Fix generating additional output file when building with "Use External GCC".
- Updated the GCC/BINUTILS tools build to use GNU ARM Embedded Toolchain 6-2017-q2-update source release.
- Updated LLVM/Clang to version 4.0.1.
- C runtime start code now has an optional call to an external function named InitializeUserMemorySections if INITIALIZE_USER_SECTIONS is defined.
- Fix bug locating to assembly code source files.
- Locals window update when accessing variables that are in restricted memory ranges.
- Check syntax option is now enabled on files with .html extension.
- Find extras menu order now the same in context menu as it is in the main menu.
- Fixed certain Alt key accelerators not working on macOS.
- Fixed index problems introduced in version 4.0.2.
- Memory window size warning can be disabled and is now only shown when the size changes.
- Fixed crash when the memory diff dialog is shown after download verification has failed.
- Fixed incorrect calculation of memory usage window cell height when using high DPI fonts.
- Fixed crashes caused by uncaught exceptions (Linux only).
- Fixed incorrect width of editor margin when using Windows scaling.
- Fixed pressing tab key while in block edit mode.
- Fixed occasional randomly placed tooltips in code editor.
- Added Text Editor > Editing > Tab Key Indents Preprocessor Directives environment option.
- Fixed text editor crash when selecting and deleting past end of file with virtual space enabled.
- Fixed text editor scrolling to the far left column when text is selected and the mouse is moved.
- The Code Outline window now uses the same parser as the Source Navigator this has
improved C++ support but has removed conditional preprocessor directives.
- The Code Outline window can now display doxygen style comments in the Preview pane.
- Fixed crash showing symbols browser for IAR generated executables.
- Opening studio from shortcut when Allow Multiple Studios is set to No and studio is already running now unminimizes and raises main window to the top.
- Can now close the solution whilst the Source Navigator or Find References windows are active.
- Statistics in the Project Explorer displays the sum of the files sizes of the containing folder node.
- Improved error message reporting when studio startup fails.
- Added "Export Makefile" to project build context menu.
- Reworked compiler driver command line options.
- Fixed the 64-bit Windows J-Link DLL not being found after it moved location in the V6.16 J-Link software release.
- Fixed crash when auto disconnecting simulator before simulator has stopped.
- Holding the shift key while scrolling the memory window with the mouse scroll wheel now locks the start address.
- Added Debug > Memory Window > Scroll Wheel Modifies Start Address environment option.
- Fixed text editor cursor color when using CrossWorks Dark color scheme.
- Added Insert Cursor and Overwrite Cursor colors to editor color schemes.
- Fixed text editor repaint when highlight cursor line mode is enabled.
- Fixed display of large toolbar icons.
- Fixed activation of popup toolbar icons.
- Fixed path property editor when using scaling on Windows.
- The text editor line number font size now scales with the main text editor font size.
- Project properties dialog now remembers splitter placement.
- Improved support for Windows scaling.
- Fixed code completion suggestion popup appearing on the wrong display on multi-display systems.
- Fixed Edit > Selection > Tabify.
- Added text editor block selection and edit.
- Fixed File > Recent Files and File > Recent Projects not selecting first element of menu when activated by keyboard.
- Fixed Command+W not closing current editor on macOS.
- Improved macOS clipboard support.
- Avoid auto loading externally modified project file during build.
- Grey out goto definition (and others) when indexer is running.
- Fixed window group Close All Windows option not recording in session file that windows have been closed.
- Fixed excessively fast vertical scroll wheel scrolling in text output windows.
- Editor dock positions are now restored when solution is loaded.
- Fixed activated licenses not being remembered on Linux.
- Fast, new look user interface.
- Native 64-bit Windows, macOS and Linux versions.
- macOS Retina displays now supported.
- New WebKit based help viewer.
- GNU ARM Embedded Toolchain version 6.
- LLVM/Clang version 4 compiler.
- Brace matching now takes into account inactive code lines.
- Inactive code highlighting now updates as you type.
- Added Text Editor > Save > Default Line Endings environment option.
- Added different bitmaps to the project window for executable, library and staging project types.
- Build detects when files have been excluded/included and cut/pasted into projects.
- Project explorer paste file onto file will add it to the containing folder.
- The source browser window has renamed the Stack column to Frame Size.
- Added Code, Data and Const size columns to the source browser window.
- Added Pre-Build Command and Post-Build Command project options.
- Added Post-Archive Command project options.
- Added environment option Enable All Warnings command line option.
- Added environment option Enforce ANSI Checking command line option.
- Changed default for Emit Relocations to Yes.
- Removed STLPort from the distribution. This is available as a library package.
- Changed Printf Floating Point Supported project option to select between Float and Double support.
- Changed default for Omit Frame Pointer to Yes.
- Added Access Variables Within Memory Map Only project property.
- Added Copy To Clipboard to memory window.
- Single stepping will step again if there is more then one instruction sequence associated with a source line of code.
- The Auto Update feature of the execution profile window uses the J-Trace PRO streaming feature.
- Added locate next/prev source/instruction buttons to execution trace window.
- Added function call and return entries to execution trace window.